Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Great gift ideas, This is what I did for Christmas presents this year.


As a last second addition to the things I made, cooked, and created for family members for Christmas, I added little glass Root Beer bottles of dehydrated goods.

It started out as just part of my normal day.

I got some bell peppers washed them, cut them up, put them on the dehydrator and went on with my day. When I came home to find them fragrant and crispy I noticed the red and green and realized these could make some great Christmas presents.

I had recently gotten a ton of root beer and cream soda in the old style glass bottles, so I thought I would wash the bottles and fill with the red and green peppers.


I ended up doing a few different things, some that resembled the colors of Christmas, others that would simply appeal to the likes of the recipient. Here you can see tomatoes was one that held true to the color scheme, but also was something the owner would use. You can also see carrots, one that did not really go with Christmas colors, but appealed to the taste of the recipient.

I have a tutorial for dehydrating tomatoes, and bell peppers are just as easy.




Step 1: Wash
Step 2 Cut
Step 3: Place on dehydrator till crispy.
I think I will be replicating this for birthdays and other occasions that permit gifts.

There are so many things that can be dehydrated and such a wide variety of colors, that if creative enough, I'm sure some very cool gifts could be crafted!

No comments:

Post a Comment