Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pineapple fruit cocktail



Today's project started out as canned pineapple. It ended up being fruit cocktail day though.

I started out with the pineapple.
Step 1: cut into little cubes.

Then I realized I only had 2.5 jars, and that seemed like a waste, so I added some other fruits, strawberry and kiwi, to the menu.

Step 2: Cut strawberry and kiwi.

Step 3: Combine fruit, water and sugar in pot for boiling. Simmer for 10 minutes.
The equation for getting amounts of water and sugar is simple.
For every quart use 1.5 cups water and 1/4 cup sugar.
So for my measly 3 quarts I used 4.5 cups water and 3/4 cups sugar.


Step 4: Ladle fruit into jars then fill with the sugar water they cooked in. The kiwi and strawberry lost most of its color.



Step 5: Get your water bath ready and boil these quarts for 20 minutes.

You now have a finished product that is a fruit cocktail ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment