Monday, February 21, 2011

The 411 and the start of an improved blog

I have been busy with a lot of things for the last month and a half. For anyone who read the blog from early Jan. you are aware that I got married and moved. The wife if super rad and will be a great addition to the information I post in this blog. She has a great bank of knowledge regarding livestock, and small scale farming. She also, surprisingly, has more experience with hiking than I do, and better gear, grr.


So, I got a winner, and it appears as though her knowledge will be beneficial to you as a reader.

We moved 6 days after the wedding, about 7 hours from where we lived. The move has been a great decision, because we are living on the ranch we got a job with. It is a small operation that focuses on horses, goats, and chickens, as well as a large organic garden. I hope to increase my hands on experience with growing, as this is a great skill to have.


So far in the 3 days we have been here, we enlarged the garden plot, constructed 7 raised garden beds with one being in the green house, and started our new berry bushes. We plan to have 10 blueberry and 3 raspberry. 5 of the blueberry will be producing fruit this year, along with the peach tree's that the owners of the property have been taking care of for the last few years.

We will be starting tomatoes this week, along with a few other things in the green house.

I'll be adding picture tomorrow of the raised beds and hopefully giving you some useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment